Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of David Barman
David BarmanFlag for United States of America

asked on

Exchange 2016 Outlook & OWA search does not work after new server deployment

Exchange 2016 search problem.  After upgrading our Exchange  Server hardware the search function in Outlook and OWA are not working.  The upgrade of the server was done by building the new server and performing mailbox moves from the old server to the new server.  The search issue started immediately after the upgrade over this past weekend.  I have noticed the issue on multiple network pcs in Outlook. In Outlook if a search is performed, it states "Something went wrong and your search could not be completed".  When I try to search in OWA, it says "An error occurred while searching.  Please try again later".  Prior to testing a search in OWA (since no one in the company uses OWA), I had tried to do a re-index on one pc.  Now that I see it is effecting multiple pcs and OWA, I am assuming it is a server level issue.  Not sure how to resolve this.

Any help would be appreciated.
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of Michael B. Smith
Michael B. Smith
Flag of United States of America image

Link to home
membership
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
Avatar of timgreen7077
timgreen7077

I agree with @Michael, check the content index by running below via the exchange shell:

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus *

Verify that the content index is in a healthy state.
Run following command from EMS:

test-exchangesearch -identity Tom

The results should be showing as TRUE that means search is working. Check content index state as discussed above by pears.
Avatar of David Barman

ASKER

Thanks Michael I actually fixed it and then saw your update.