Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of JoeM21
JoeM21Flag for United States of America

asked on

How do I fix "Outlook experienced a serious problem with the adobe document cloud "

Some users intermittently get Outlook error message "Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'adobe document cloud for microsoft outlook - acrobat' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available." They get it infrequently.

I have an Outlook error event 1000 at the same time: "Add-in execution error. Outlook crashed during the 'Close' callback of the 'ItemEvents' interface while calling into the 'Adobe Document Cloud for Microsoft Outlook - Acrobat' add-in."

Adobe accounts are set up, users are logged in, and addin is enabled. Few, if any, actually use it.

What is going wrong? How do I fix it without just disabling the add-ins?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Outlook 2010 14.0.7214.5000 in Home & Business edition, Acrobat DC 19.010.20069,
Windows 7 Pro (32) 6.1.7601, SBS 2008 network
Avatar of John
John
Flag of Canada image

You have a really old version of Outlook matched with a very new version of Adobe DC.

Take one or two machines and upgrade Office to Office 2016 (or 2019 purchased full copy) and see if the error persists.
Also, you might wish to try the above (Office 2016, Adobe DC V19 which I myself use) on a Windows 10 Pro machine (which is what I use)
Avatar of JoeM21

ASKER

Thanks, but this is an office environment with multiple users. Cannot upgrade products until upgrade of entire network later this year.
What I am suggesting is trying one (possibly two) machines (not your whole lot).  Is there some reason why you cannot try one machine?

Office 2010 is pretty much out of support and Adobe DC will not support it interface with an old product.  

Do you happen to have a copy of Adobe Version 11?  If so you, could try that as a better match.
Avatar of JoeM21

ASKER

If a different version of Outlook works or a different version of Acrobat DC works, it is still not a solution. We would not deploy different versions until the network upgrade. Thanks for your suggestion, but it is not useful in this environment.

Adobe lists Acrobat DC as compatible with Outlook 2010 as of 12/11/2018 on page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatible-web-browsers-pdfmaker-applications.html.
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of nobus
nobus
Flag of Belgium image

Link to home
membership
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
You may be stuck with old product on an aging operating system.  There are no feature changes anymore to Outlook 2010 or Windows 7 to fix things.
Avatar of JoeM21

ASKER

"did disabling the addin help ? "

I don't know yet. It hasn't repeated so far. However, it is an intermittent error that doesn't happen that often. It definitely less likely to happen over the weekend when the normal user is not banging away at the computer. I will get a better idea after the workweek starts.

If disabling does not cut off some needed capability and stops the error, that is the way to go until the entire network moves to current products. I was hoping that someone here might have had some experience with the error and know a cure.
ok, let's see what the week brings, and test it out
Avatar of JoeM21

ASKER

I did not get any known fix for the existing product combination like I had hoped. I polled my users. They were only aware of this add-in if they had received the error. I disabled the add-in for them. There has been no repeat of the error and no complaint from users of something not working.

Adobe is still supporting their add-in in Outlook 2010 and Windows 7. At least to the level of Adobe staff offering things to try via their community forums: Wipe/replace Acrobat preferences; repair Acrobat; repair Outlook. I did all on my machine and did not get a repeat of the problem for a couple of days. Too short a period to declare victory for a "try it and see" fix rather than a known fix for a known problem. I took the surer way out.