Avatar of Brandon Miller
Brandon MillerFlag for United States of America

asked on 

Cannot get Active Sync to Sync with single User Account/Device

I have a single user that cannot get their mobile device to connect to exchange active sync. We have a policy that quarantines all new devices so I can approve them as soon as the user lets me know they have connected the device.

Troubleshooting I have performed:
1. Attempted using another device. No Quarantine notification and unable to sync.
2. Disabled the mailbox and purged from the DB.
3. Re-created the users email account and still unable to sync with devices or get quarantine.
4. Wiped the device and attempted to reconnect still unable to get quarantine.
5. Deleted the account in AD and Exchange.
6. Re-created the account and unable to connect.
7. Created a test account and am able to connect.

Im really at a loss as to why this account will not allow devices to connect to active sync. Its a single account of 2100.

Avatar of undefined
Last Comment
Brandon Miller
Avatar of ArneLovius
Flag of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland image

Could this be an issue on teh mobile device ?

Can you connect the mobile device to a mailbox that you know works with another mobile device ?
Can you connect a mobile device that you know works on a different mailbox to this mailbox ?

These tests should help you narow down where the issue is.
Avatar of Brandon Miller


I was able to load my account on the device and get the quarantine message.
I wiped the device and deleted the AD account and Purged the user from the database as well and still cannot connect the account to active sync.
Avatar of ArneLovius
Flag of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland image

if you are able to add a different account, then it is probably not the device.

Which version of Exchange is this ?
Avatar of Brandon Miller


Its exchange 2013, I gave up on the issue and just completely removed the users object in exchange and ad, then re-created the account with a middle initial and the issue is gone now. But I did test by recreating the account with the same name and the issue came back.
Avatar of Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller
Flag of United States of America image

Blurred text
View this solution by signing up for a free trial.
Members can start a 7-Day free trial and enjoy unlimited access to the platform.
See Pricing Options
Start Free Trial

Exchange is the server side of a collaborative application product that is part of the Microsoft Server infrastructure. Exchange's major features include email, calendaring, contacts and tasks, support for mobile and web-based access to information, and support for data storage.

Top Experts
Get a personalized solution from industry experts
Ask the experts
Read over 600 more reviews


IBM logoIntel logoMicrosoft logoUbisoft logoSAP logo
Qualcomm logoCitrix Systems logoWorkday logoErnst & Young logo
High performer badgeUsers love us badge
LinkedIn logoFacebook logoX logoInstagram logoTikTok logoYouTube logo