I am having to migrate a master domain controller from a Windows 2012 R2 server to a Windows 2016 server (both are standard OS) due to a failure on that 2012 R2 and the age of the server. This server is running AD, DNS, DHCP, and WSUS
When I did a 2008 to 2012 R2 migration I did the following steps:
1) dcdiag /v /c /e on old server
2) Fix issue on above.
3) Ensure AS integrated zones on DNS
4) Bring new server (with temporary name and IP address) into AD
5) Copy all folders and files necessary to new server.
6) Transfer Global Catalog
7) Transfer FSMO Roles
8) Transfer DNS
9) Transfer DHCP
10) dcpromo (demote) old server
11) Run metadata cleanup
12) Change IP address and name of new server
13) Deal with all shares, etc. on new server.
Are these steps all the same or are there extra steps that I am missing?
Also I have never had to transfer WSUS. When do I do this in these steps and what are the steps to do this?