What DLLs are associated with Outlook search?
Challenge: The search filters in Outlook 365 are greyed out.
Things tried: Executed Windows Update
2. Ran a full repair of Office 365
3. Ran SFC /scannow ( I believe, my notes are not on me)
4. Uninstalled and re-installed Office 365
5. Uncheck Outlook and rechecked it, via Index options
6. Stopped and restarted Windows search
7. Tried a different Windows profile, the problem still persist.
8. Removed Bing Desktop search
9. Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 was executed
Final resolution would be to re-image the laptop, but I would like to now the probably root cause, so I am suspecting a Windows Update caused the problem.
Then click in the right side pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit), name it PreventIndexingOutlook and give it a value 0.
Click the OK button and see if it has resolved the issue