We are now required to be scanning the bar codes for the supermarket stock using the point of sales ms access software when selling:
(1) all the stock are stored in the inventory table using the bar codes in place of stock codes
(2) Some stocks can be manufactured within the company some are ordered from outside if there are some pick periods especially monthends
(1) To avoid wrong bar codes capturing in the software, is it possible the Ms Access 2016 built software can allow the bar codes scanning as a method of imputing the stock /Bar code in the system? There is a text control in a form for imputing bar code which require imputing the bar code manually
(2) Since the cash sale form has a similar text control but in a combobox control form is it possible to be scanning the same bar codes here also, remember the bar codes are stored in the product table hence the reason for the combobox in the cash sale form to easy lookup?
(3) Since the prices are linked to the product codes/ Bar codes such that once the product code/ bar code is selected the price also come automatically, now the question in the text control where we are required to capture the stock sold, is it possible to have the control show a default one (1) quantity sold automatically? or if the customer is buying more than one then the quantity can be over written manually?