We are searching for a new fileserver system.
The conditions are:
1. We need redundancy I.e HA/mirroring/etc. (we currently have a single overloaded file server)
2. Increasing the bandwidth from the server to the building infrastructure. The building infrastructure is limited to 1Gb in the walls. We are looking at a multiple server solution with distributed data delivery to overcome this limitation.
3. Improved performance on the server itself
4. Data is often large individual files ( > 10GB )
5. Sharing is done via CIFS, NFS and Samba/cifs
We currently have a bid for the following hardware.
Question: Is there a better hardware solution than the one offered?