I am using the following setup:
1. VPN Server reachable at public IP with SoftEther VPN-Server installed on Debian (listening on port 443)
2. BIND9 and DHCP server installed on Debian
- OS: Windows 10 1803
- Ethernet NIC with guest internet (allowing ports 80 and 443 outgoing)
. gets through DHCP an internal IP address 192.168.2.149 by the connected Fritz!box at 192.168.2.1
. the Fritz!box WAN IP is 22.214.171.124 which resolves in i577bec4c.versanet.de
- The certificate exported from above server has been imported into Local Computer under Root Certificates
- Configured Windows SSTP VPN-Client
- host name is "MyClient"
- I can successfully connect the SSTP VPN-Client to the VPN-Server
- The VPN adapter is in connected state with properly assigned IP, netmask, gateway and DNS (like intended by the backend)
- the only issue is, that the DNS registration of my host is NOT the expected "MyClient.psv.local" (as it correctly does with L2TP connection)
- instead it registers the WAN IP 126.96.36.199 (or sometimes its resolved FQDN i577bec4c.versanet.de ) of the ethernet adapter
- I disabled IPv6 on both LAN and VPN adapters, checked "register IP address in DNS" on VPN adapter
I really need the SSTP to work properly, since it is the only way of connecting over TCP 443.
Cannot use SoftEther Client or OpenVPN,because they conflict with the Qbik Wingate soft I installed for internet connection sharing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.