Where is layers located in photoshop CC, and how do I get the checkered transparent background.

smitty62 used Ask the Experts™
WOW! Photoshop CC REALLY, REALLY, SUCKS!  They moved everything around, and I can even find the layers window.  See attached.  The main window is all black.  I'm used to seeing the transparent background as a white and grey checkboard.  They don't even have that anymore.  How do I get the layers to show so that I can work with them, and how do I get the checkerboard transparent background?photoshop menu
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®
The Layers panel can be found in Window > Layers.
The first layer of a newly opened image is Background. The checkered background is only available after you have unlocked the Background.


Thank you.

Do more with

Expert Office
Submit tech questions to Ask the Experts™ at any time to receive solutions, advice, and new ideas from leading industry professionals.

Start 7-Day Free Trial