My database is divided into a front-end and back-end. I regularly make updates to the front-end and then copy the front-end from my computer to my client's computer. Today, I added an attachment field (i.e. data type = attachment) to one of the tables in the back-end. It works fine on my computer. But when I copy the front-end to the client's computer, I get this error whenever I attempt to open a form that references the table with the attachment field in it:
The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot find the input table or query ''. Make sure that it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
When I go into the Linked Table Manager, it says it is pointed to the right back-end file. But if I check the box beside that table and click OK, the above error goes away and I can use the database without any further problems.
Or, if I execute this command:
it also fixes the problem. But I have to do that every time I copy a new front-end to the client computer.
If I delete the attachment field from the table, the above problem goes away and I can copy front-ends without any errors or the need to refresh links. But as soon as I re-add an attachment field to the table, the problem comes up again.