I have a Windows 10 Dell SFF. I am trying to add Chrome Shortcuts to the c:\users\public\desktop. When I log in with a user having local administrator rights I do the following:
1. Go to Chrome
2. Add preferred URL
3. I create a shortcut
4. The shortcut appears on the desktop
5. I copy the shortcut to the c:\users\public\desktop folder ( I now have two on this desktop, one local and one public)
6. I log out of this user
7. I log in with a new user
8. The shortcuts appear on the desktop without an icon
9. They also have a strange path
10. The shortcuts open up to a Google Chrome empty page
11. When I look in the c:\users\public\desktop on the new user the same shortcut appears with no icon and does not work
I have actually tried this with a local administrator on the box and they seem to work for that user.
I want these shortcuts to be available for ALL users on the box.
Any help would be appreciated.