Sporadic issues with Access using Outlook to send email via a scheduled task

We have some coding inside of Microsoft Access where we pull data out of a database, create a .pdf and then send to users using Outlook.  This works most of the time but probably once a week, the email is generated with the report and then it won't send (we get an undeliverable error):

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

      Subject:      Daily Lab Reports for 6/24/2019
      Sent:      6/25/2019 9:12 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

      QC Database Email Group on 6/25/2019 9:12 AM
            This message could not be sent. The client operation failed. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator.

__________________________________________________

Diagnostic information for administrators:
__________________________________________________

Error is [0x80004005-0x000004b9-0x00000501].
Submit-Message failed: message id(1), failure enum(6), HResult(0x80004005), EC(0).

This doesn't tell me much so I have no idea why it works most of the time but fails sometimes...

I have no issues sending emails using Outlook (manually) but it just seems to be problematic when something else is kicking off opening Outlook and sending the email.  I did turn off the "never warn me about suspicious activity" in the trust center - otherwise, we get the popup every time the task would run to "allow" another application to send email.
vianceadminAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

John TsioumprisSoftware & Systems EngineerCommented:
Do you have an anti virus (especially Norton Antivirus)...can you test if by disabling it gets the job done ?
vianceadminAuthor Commented:
Sorry, I should have said that initially.  We have Webroot and I had turned that off temporarily - still had issues even thought it was disabled.
John TsioumprisSoftware & Systems EngineerCommented:
Well the info you get is not much use...it might be a system issue or a network issue....or an application issue .
Nevertheless using Outlook automation to send emails means that you add another layer of possible issues given the fact that Outlook is much more than a simple email client ...so maybe even as a test you could try to use a more Access based solution for sending emails.
Two are the main free solutions
1. vbSendMail
2. CDO ..there are some mentions that it has issues with Exchange...till 2007 that i used it..after a bit of configuration i was working fine but i don't know about later versions
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
VB Script

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.