Recently we have been having some issues with our 2013 Exchange.
Every now and then throughout the day, our exchange will go through a small period of 10-15 minutes where it locks up a bunch of mailboxes causing them to longer have connectivity to the exchange. When we checked the Event Viewer, we noticed a lot of application errors going on. They Event IDs are 4023, 1006, 12023, 2119, 2142, and 12014.
The 4023 Error ID probably is the most common of the errors we are receiving. This event seems to always be related to some sort of mobile device and tells us that it is locked out for X amount of time.
The 1006 Error ID talks about how the performance counter in megabytes has sustained a value of '240.00' for the 15 minute interval.
The 12023 Warning ID says that ecchange could not load the certificate thumbprint of xxx from the personal store on the local computer.
The 2119 Error ID says Error DNS_ERROR_RCODE_NAME_ERROR occured when DNS was queried for the service location resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain [domain_name].
The 2142 Error ID lets me know that the topology discovery failed. and that no suitable directory servers wer found in the domain forest.
I cannot tell if these errors are relevant or related. I just know these events pop up everywhere in the event viewer around the time that exchange decides to kick all the users out.
We only have one active directory (also the GC) and only one exchange server.
I will be happy to fill in any missing information that may be required to help troubleshoot. Thanks for any guidance.