I have a client with a Surface Pro LTE (model 1807), Win 10 Pro, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD.
After he wakes the Surface from sleep, the Type Cover is completely unresponsive. He needs to log in using the onscreen keyboard. The keyboard only becomes active after he logs in.
I've tried the following:
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Surface Type Cover in Device Manager (checked the box to Delete Software) before rebooting
2. Updated to the latest Windows (1809 when the issue was reported)
3. Applied all available cumulative and firmware updates in Windows Update
4. Tried a different, brand new keyboard
5. Downloaded all available Surface updates directly from Microsoft
After none of the above steps worked, I swapped him over to a new, identical Surface LTE. I imaged his original device via Clonezilla before transferring it to the new one.
He reported that the issue is persisting even on the new one, which suggests to me that the issue lies in something with his system configuration.
Just wondering if anyone could advise of any additional troubleshooting steps to be performed?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.