Hello the experts,
This is my first post here, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.
Explaning my problem is simple : I use shortcuts a lot, for various reasons, in various places. Each time my PC is changed or reinstalled (which happens quite often with our IT department, if the problem is not easily solved, let's just reinstall the machine !) it's a mess. Some shortcuts are lost. Some shortcuts don't work. Some shortcuts just vanish, pouf, empty file. Question : what could I do to avoid that as much as possible ?
I know the problem is much more complex than the question and it depends what shortcuts we're talking about, what I'm trying to do with them, and so on. But I don't need help on a very specific issue I need to solve. I would like to get global advise, internet references to "shortcut best practices", tricks & cheats, you see the idea.
Then I will study and apply all that next time they reinstall my PC (again...). Then I will probably come back and bother you with my unsolved issues. ;)
A few things that I should probably tell you :
- My machine is an pretty old mobile PC, dell intel core i5 blabla
- My files are ALL either on Onedrive perso, either on Sharepoint
- We use Chrome and are pretty much stuck with it
- My main habit with "local" (but on Onedrive) folders is right click on the file/folder I need on duplicate spots, create shortcut, move the shortcut whenever I need it
- My main habit with internet shortcuts is bring it from google search bar, or if it doesn't work, right click within a folder, new shortcut, copy the link, give it a title, and done.
Thank you very much for your precious help as I'm pretty stressed with this new-new-new-reinstall after I've worked pretty hard on my folders/shortcuts management !