Windows 7 - 64 Bit. Had been working fine. When you click the icon, you get an hourglass for a couple of seconds and then it goes away. You see two instances of Chrome in task manager, but they go away after about 30 seconds.
Here is what I have done all to no avail:
1. Tried starting Chrome in Safe Mode
2. Uninstalled & Re-Installed chrome (told it to delete the settings)
3, Deleted Chrome registry entries and deleted the "Chrome" folder in both %appdata% and %localappdata%
4. Tried running as administrator. Also checked rights under security.
5. Ran the netsh winsock reset routine
6. Rebooted the computer multiple times.
7. Turned off Anti-Virus and Firewall temporarily.
8. System restore to a date/time where it was working.
Have tried running from a desktop shortcut, task bar & directly from the program folder. Internet Explorer works fine, but we need Chrome as some websites we use don't render well under IE.