We have received a HP laptop that does not turn on properly.
It seems to be a Windows 10 laptop.
I have tested this laptop and what happens is that the laptop powers up fine, goes to login screen fine but after logging in there is only a black screen displayed on laptop screen.
Every 10/ 20 seconds, the login screen loads back and when you click anything on keyboard, the black screen displays again.
Here are some things I found:
- The mouse pointer can be seen over black screen.
- Pressing "Windows key" and "P" brings up Project menu with four options which can be navigated through but not picked
- Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not do anything
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc does not do anything
- After black screen displayed for a few seconds, pressing a key makes the black screen slightly brighter
What should we do to fix this issue?