Uplink/Integrate two seperate switch stacks
- We need connect a new Layer 3 switch with VLANS and Subnets into a dumb, legacy switch stack that has a flat network and no VLANS
- Dumb switch has all live devices plugged into it. L3 switch has test devices.
- We need all devices on both switch stacks to communicate with each other.
- Switch 1 (Meraki MS350) has 2 VLANS and 2 subnet
- VLAN 333 and subnet is 10.0.0.0/16, DFG 10.0.0.1
- VLAN 444 and subnet is 10.90.0.0/23, DFG 10.90.0.1
- Both VLANS have been configured to see each other
- Created a Trunk port that is a member of VLAN 333
- Looking to use Trunk port as an uplink port between the Layer 3 and Legacy switch stacks
- Dumb switch has no VLAN just 1 flat subnet of 10.0.0.0/16
- Flat network is 10.0.0.0/16, DFG 184.108.40.206 (Issued by ISP on port uplink for DHCP requests/IP Helper)
Does the DFG of VLAN 333 need to match the DFG of the legacy switch before uplinking ?