Avatar of mlcktmguy
mlcktmguy
Flag for United States of America asked on

Query is corrupt fix not working

I am aware of the "Query is corrupt" issues caused by the MS November update.  I am a developer and sent the notice and link to the fix to all of my clients when the issue occurred.

I hadn't encountered the issue with anything I was running or developing on my office machines so I too no action.

My office machines are 64 bit Win 7 Pro, Office 2013 Pro 32-bit.

Now I'm trying to test something on my office machine and encountered the "query is corrupt" message.

I went back to the MS link with instructions to resolve the issue, downloaded the fix for my environment (ace2013-kb2965317-fullfile-x86-glb.exe).  However, when I run the fix I get a message "There are no products affected by this package installed on this machine".  

I'm obviously missing something but cant' figure pout what it is.

Can anyone suggest what might be happening?

The top of this pic is snapshot from my Office application, the bottom of the pic is the snapshot from the MS 'fix' website.  I clicked on the option to download the fix to the 32-bit version of office which resulted in 'ace2013-kb2965317-fullfile-x86-glb.exe' being downloaded.  

Query Is Corrupt Fix Not Working
Attempt to install the downloaded file led to the message telling me the fix didn't apply to anything on my machine.
Microsoft OfficeMicrosoft AccessWindows OS

Avatar of undefined
Last Comment
mlcktmguy

8/22/2022 - Mon
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Anders Ebro (Microsoft MVP)

THIS SOLUTION ONLY AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS.
View this solution by signing up for a free trial.
Members can start a 7-Day free trial and enjoy unlimited access to the platform.
See Pricing Options
Start Free Trial
GET A PERSONALIZED SOLUTION
Ask your own question & get feedback from real experts
Find out why thousands trust the EE community with their toughest problems.
Joshua Kinsel

Update again.  This has been fixed as of Monday.
Daniel Pineault

The C2R version of Access 2013 will not have a fix until December 10th, so you have 3 choices:
mlcktmguy

ASKER
Thanks Anders.  There were only a few queries that were causing an issue so I followed the information in the link that you sent to make them work. Crisis averted.

If you encounter this issue before the fix is available, the recommended workaround is to update the query so that it updates the results of another query, rather than updating a table directly.

For example, if you have a query similar to:

UPDATE Table1 SET Table1.Field1 = "x" WHERE ([Table1].[Field2]=1);

You can create a new query (Query1) defined as:

SELECT * from Table1;

And update your original query to:

UPDATE Query1 SET Query1.Field1 = "x" WHERE ([Query1].[Field2]=1);

By replacing all references to Table1 with Query1

This will produce the same results, but avoid the error.
This is the best money I have ever spent. I cannot not tell you how many times these folks have saved my bacon. I learn so much from the contributors.
rwheeler23