Start Free Trial
Come for the solution, stay for everything else.
Start Free Trial
O365 migration From 1and1 Email
Has anyone migrated from 1and1 email (business email, webmail, and exchange configurator)? If so were there any special issues.
8/22/2022 - Mon
How many users, do you need all current data in the 1and1 copied to o365.
The simple straight forward answer the issues are the same. When one transitions from one email provider to another that deals with:
1) the change is not instantaneous
2) a decision on how to get the current data if left on server to the new server
3) how are the email clients configured and how many users are involved?
4) o365 has support/migration that might be engaged to assist with the transition
5) for safety, continuity, each user may have to have both accounts configured in the email client to cover the overlap period
6) after the initial signup, to complete the o365 setup, you would need to setup DNS records, NOTE: Do not delegate the DNS management of your domain, you have to manage it to maintain when what changes are made based on your schedule. make sure when you are adding the MX records for the domain pointing to O365 server, make sure to pick as large a number than the one used currently for the 1and1. This will maintain your email flow while allowing you to setup and test the o365 setup, email routing within o365 if you need distribution groups, shared mailboxes, etc.
There are powershell tool for remote administration of o365 if you are so inclined.
Did you every migrate from 1and1 email... Specifically.
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Log in or sign up to see answer
Become an EE member today
7-DAY FREE TRIAL
Members can start a 7-Day Free trial then enjoy unlimited access to the platform
Sign up - Free for 7 days
Learn why we charge membership fees
We get it - no one likes a content blocker. Take one extra minute and find out why we block content.
See how we're fighting big data
Not exactly the question you had in mind?
Sign up for an EE membership and get your own personalized solution. With an EE membership, you can ask unlimited troubleshooting, research, or opinion questions.
ask a question
Experts Exchange is like having an extremely knowledgeable team sitting and waiting for your call. Couldn't do my job half as well as I do without it!
Plans and Pricing
Certified Expert Program
© 1996-2023 Experts Exchange, LLC. All rights reserved. Covered by US Patent