I am setting up a SOHO.
Equipment is as follows.
1) 4 security cameras that record to the cloud through a Northern system
2) Home wireless system mesh network
3) Usual computers, printers, etc
4) Other "internet of things devices" such as thermostats, lights.
5) I have a total of 10 Ethernet jacks in our home, but only 6 in current use.
I will be installing a 19 inch 6U Wall Mount Patch Panel Bracket - 13.75 inch deep (also 24 port Cat 5E patch panel etc)
I have concerns about putting all these things on one switch. I like the idea of segmenting my network.
I have heard good things about the Ubiquiti. I am not an expert on routers, but I not a unfamiliar either.
I am thinking about a router/switch capable of VLANS and POE for the cameras. If I am misguided, then new insights are welcome.
With that in mind, I would appreciate any help in selecting a router / switch that would be appropriate but not more expensive than I need.
Thank you for your help.