Okay, this bug has kept me busy for quite some time. Grateful for all the help.
For starters, everything works. roughly-ish.
I have an AD with 4 servers, all of them are 2012R2. I think the servers have been upgraded sometime before I started working here and that may be the problem.
When I edit a GPO, I often get the error message: Namespace Microsoft.Policies.Sensors.WindowsLocationProvider is already defined as the target namspace for another file in the store. And a link to our sysvol share. After that, I can't edit or see settings on the GPO.
Things I've tested:
1. Executed the dcdiag command on the domain controller:
Starting test: DFSREvent
There are warning or error events within the last 24 hours after the
SYSVOL has been shared. Failing SYSVOL replication problems may cause
Group Policy problems.
2. Checked event logs and found this error message ... even though there are messages that the sync is actually working. I don't understand this. We have not run out of disk space.
The DFS Replication service encountered an error communicating with partner server02 for replication group Domain System Volume.
Partner DNS address: server02.int.xxxxx.se
Optional data if available:
Partner WINS Address: server02
Partner IP Address: 10.0.0.16
The service will retry the connection periodically.
Error: 14 (Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.)
Connection ID: 98EB60E4-BED1-46F2-90C6-xxxxxxxx
Replication Group ID: 2B6FDF40-35EA-415F-A9E7-xxxxxxxx
3. I read that I was able to test the health of DFSR by installing DFSR management tools. After installing this and running the diagnostics, the tests say everything is ok. hu?
4. This folder on the server C:\Windows\SYSVOL_DFSR\domain\Policies\PolicyDefinitions
- do not have a Microsoft-Windows-Geolocation-WLPAdm.adml file.
- do have a LocationProviderADM.adml
Is that normal?
5. I think i should use a command called repadmin but don't know how.
Grateful for all the help.