Customer looking for WAN optimization. I’m struggling to find appropriate options, as it appears Cisco is ending their WAAS options. The customer mentioned Riverbed, but indicated it was likely too expensive…
The customer isn’t technical, so wasn’t too helpful on the discovery call, but I gathered the following:
• They have three Ethernet (L2) circuits into their primary location in CA.
• They sounded like E-Line/ELAN, but…
• 150M, 100M, 20M (being replaced with a 600M down/35M up) – so, the latter is obviously broadband/DIA
• They couldn’t identify how the Internet connection is being firewalled
• They have a Mushroom Networks (never heard of it) consolidating these links, somehow providing an SD-WAN policy for them.
• Nothing (according to them) is being encrypted.
So, all of that wildness aside, they’re looking for something to front these appliances to accelerate their throughput. I’m open to a solution to optimize over each of three links or something larger, such as an SD-WAN option to bring all of them into a policy, etc.