I'm in need to restrict a process in windows to one CPU core. I need to do that
- as a persistent measure, and
- independent of the way it is started.
I've found out that there's some fun possible by manipulating the registry at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
("IFEO") but the only details I've found were
- malware related uses of (IFEO\whatever.exe\ -> Debugger)
- brute force replacing Notepad.exe with Notepad++ (IFEO\Notepad.exe\ -> Debugger (again ...)), and
- permanently forcing a given priority level (IFEO\whatever.exe\PerfOptions -> CpuPriorityClass)
Now for the questions:
- Is there any way to set CpuAffinity thru this way ?
- Is there any documentation of the (presumed numerous) options available for the IFEO registry path inhabitants ?