Hi, I am an old programmer so that's why I will ask a question that can be considered dummy for the modern colleagues.
I have an idea on a system I would like to develop, know everything that is required functionally and know how would it be done... In the old days (html, sql, etc.)
But I am fully aware the technologies have changed, and changed a lot! So I need an advise on what modern technologies to use.
These are my questions:
1. Allow users to connect from anywhere on internet.: So I supposed It should be a cloud based system.
2. Programming lang: This worries me the most! If I develop a system in C#.Net with SQL server, is it easy to move it to the cloud? or Should I develop with Azure SQLfrom the beginning?
3. If I develop the software for the Microsoft Cloud, is it easy to use it in other cloud platforms like Amazon o Google? or should I have to develop in different languages?
4. Is there a programming lang I can use to develop once and use it for Microsoft Cloud, Amazon and Google platfomrs, also?
5. Is it recommended to use C#.Net for the cloud?