I am running a brand new installation of Exchange 2016.I have a Windows 2016 Standard working as the domain, and another Windows 2016 Standard with all the roles of Exchange 2016.
So far everything is working fine with the users, groups, rules, etc. with the exception of the SEARCH function (either on OWA or on local OUTLOOK 365).
The state of every database appear as unknown.
After reading and trying some suggestions, the problem still persists.
- I've tried stopping the 2 search services, renaming and deleting the GUID folder in the database directory and restarting the services.
- I've tried moving one the database (the one that only has 2 users) to a new database and mounting the new one.
Nothing has worked and top management is starting to put pressure on solving this issue ASAP.
”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.
-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros
With your subscription - you'll gain access to our exclusive IT community of thousands of IT pros. You'll also be able to connect with highly specified Experts to get personalized solutions to your troubleshooting & research questions. It’s like crowd-sourced consulting.
We can't always guarantee that the perfect solution to your specific problem will be waiting for you. If you ask your own question - our Certified Experts will team up with you to help you get the answers you need.
Our certified Experts are CTOs, CISOs, and Technical Architects who answer questions, write articles, and produce videos on Experts Exchange. 99% of them have full time tech jobs - they volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.
We can't guarantee quick solutions - Experts Exchange isn't a help desk. We're a community of IT professionals committed to sharing knowledge. Our experts volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.