Points of My Scenario
1. I am admin for our VMware infrastructure: vCenter Server 5.5 on ESXi 5.5 cluster
2. Microsoft has asked me to update the BIOS for one of the Windows VMs - not the ESXi host
3. I upgraded the hardware version of the VM (from version 8 to version 9)
4. This hardware version upgrade did not change the BIOS version of the VM (Note: I used Windows' built-in msinfo32 to get BIOS version).
5. Info: The VM's "BIOS version/Date" - as reported by msinfo32.exe - is "Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00 9/17/2015"
QUESTION: How do I upgrade the BIOS of a Windows VM (Server 2012 R2) hosted by an ESXi 5.5 server?