if you did try to run the Q_28233532 sub in that workbook it would fail
To rectify, I need know how to rename each script? This way I can remember which one to run based on what I step I need.
I've used the properties dialog box to rename but when I view macros the old name is shown.
Here is where I need the name to change.
This is the most recent of the remove invalid decis file I have.
You can show me how to put both into one workbook here or do it for me, if it's complicated.
I'd rather keep them separate to aid in troubleshooting.
When I run the "create sets" button I only get up to "3-9" combinations. I have changed "ZA" to "BR" and I don't see any other variables that need updating.
The code in the file I attached in the original post (above) makes all combinations up to the last number possible.
In order for me to not get an 'out of memory' error when I click 'Create Sets' I have to limit the number of columns
I understand that. Which is why I changed the variables to max numbers siBCE my PC can do so without running out of memory. BTW. If all you need is more memory, I may have some to give you. Send me the specs, via private message or email.
I don't understand what you mean when you say "I only get up to "3-9" combinations".
The picture I posted shows the last few combinations in the numbers_3 group, after running the script. The script should continue until the 60’s and end with 70 in the last cell to the right. This means the code is not making all of the combinations that are possible.
it produces Numbers_3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 17, 18, 3 sheets and I get this so I don't know what's going on.
For Each vntRange In Array([B10:AX10], _ [B11:AX11], _ [B12:AX12], _ [B13:AX13], _ [B14:AX14], _ [B15:AX15], _ [B16:AX16], _ [B17:AX17], _ [B18:AX18], _ [B19:AX19])
I've reviewed the code for the code that creates combinations for both and there are line differences between them.
You might be able to duplicate the error I am getting by clearing cells AX10, AX11, AX12, AX13, etc. so you have at least one blank cell in the array. Then you may be able to duplicate what I am getting after running 29173484a.xlsb
Ran all the codes. After adding both codes in the same workbook the results change. Here's what I get after running 29173484b.xlsb
This incorrect output occurs after adding the "RemoveInvalidDecis" to the "CreateCombinations" script. I know this because I have made several attempts and I get the same results. However, is I run the "RemoveInvalidDecis" script separately (meaning in a different file) it seems to work as intended.
P.S. I see three modules instead of the two I expected. Please remove any modules not needed to avoid confusion.
Can you explain us what this algorythm is supposed to do ?
There might be better ways to do it.
I understood up to the "Get the number of combinations" part. Beyond that, it is nebulous (Something with cartesian products ?).
Side notes (so much to say in such little piece of code …):
- Use meaningfull variables and function names.
- Give up hungarian notation, it provides nothing usefull.
- Fully qualify your variables, to avoid potential conflicts.
- Be explicit rather than implicit.
- Do not rely on "Active" objects, they are unpredictable.
- Disable warnings and errors for as little time as possible (best is one instruction).
- Your code break the SRP (Single Responsibility Principle), and should be broken into several smaller functions that do one thing, and do it well.
- Get rid of those performances ehencer instructions, only add them when your code produce the expected result.
- Do not store the err object members for the sole purpose of displaying it.
- Working with collection might be easyer than arrays, since collections auto expand.