I am doing a MS SQL server installation guide. I am not sure if there is an official guide from MS or other source shows the following concept:
1) Usually I don’t recommend SQL DB software install on OS disk as the secure permission/ACL of DB software and OS software can be a big difference.
2) Also when OS pagefile also in C:\ and SQL SW also in C:\ and therefore in this case, SEEMS tempdb also in this drive, this can have SQL server tempdb contention.
3) RDM disk is good for MS SQL in VMWare environment.
4) is VMWare dependent of independent disk is good for MS SQL ?
5) RAW disk for MS SQL is good ?