I'm having trouble connecting to a SQL server with SSMS over VPN.
- I have several VPN connections I can connect to for servicing remote sites. Only one remote SQL server is exhibiting the problem.
- With the remote server Windows Firewall OFF, I can connect to the server with SSMS.
- With the remote server Windows Firewall ON, I can ping the server but cannot connect with SSMS.
- I have verified the listening port on the remote server.
- I have created an inbound firewall rule to open Port 1433 on the remote server:
What am I missing?