My HP360 Windows 10 Pro stopped detecting any USB External Drives.
Please note, I used to always use external drives with this computer and never had problems. This problem occur recently and only very little, but sometime the computer does detect an external drive (but I have not been able to recreate this situation to detect possible cause)
My computer HP is a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX with Windows 10 Pro, with external ports:
- 1 headphone/microphone combo
- 2 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 2 (Thunderbolt, Data up to 40 GB/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge)
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge)
What I have done so far:
- I have connected USB External Drives that comes with AC adapter and ones that do not – non work.
- When I connect the External Drive, you can hear the disk spinning.
- After testing connecting to both USB ports, and checked Disk Management and Device Manager to see if Windows detect it, and there no sign of any device detected (and the device light is on).
- All external drives that I connect, their drive lights turns on signaling there is electricity.
- All external drives has been tested running excellent in my other computers.
- I have uninstall USB drivers in Device manager.
- I have used an USB Hub with AC adapter and it did work but later on, stopped.
- Both USB ports of this computer works because I use USB sticks, UB Hubs and USB transmitter for keyboard/mouse
- Have logged with another user and created totally new user, and still no detected external drives.
- I have carefully cleaned the USB ports of the computer, to no avail.
- Also check with HP website and my drivers seem up-to-date.
- I have use Add-Device when connecting the external drive to see if that helps - Nope.
Help! Am I missing something?