It appears that my phone is locked.
This video does not seem to match our phone.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrGh6BkwocE
The goal is to move photos from phone to pc.
And here are other steps we started with but aborted.
First, connect your phone to a PC with a USB cable that can transfer files.
- Turn your phone on and unlock it. Your PC can’t find the device if the device is locked.
- On your PC, select the Start button and then select Photos to open the Photos app.
- Select Import > From a USB device, then follow the instructions. You can pick the items you want to import and select where to save them. Allow a few moments for detection and transfer.
Make sure the photos you want to import are actually on the device rather than in the cloud. Then, follow the steps for your type of device.
- You might already have the camera app on your phone in sync with cloud storage such as OneDrive or Google photos. If so, your photos and videos are automatically uploaded to the cloud. When you want to access these photos or videos from your PC, you can use a web browser to download the photos and videos stored from the cloud storage.
- For recent photos, use the Your Phone app from Microsoft Store. With this app, you also do not need a USB cable to view and copy the most recent photos from your camera and screenshot folder. This feature only includes recent photos and doesn’t import videos. Your Phone app requires an Android phone with Android OS 7.0 or newer.
- If you use a USB cable to download directly from your device, you might need to change the USB setting to transfer media or photos. For Google's current info, see Transfer files between your computer & Android device.