Migrating from Exchange 2010 to 2016 and remote Outlook clients cannot connect.
Moving a client from Exchange 2010 to 2016. All clients on the LAN/VPN can connect via Outlook without issue. Clients on the WAN can connect via OWA but not Outlook. Mobile devices cannot connect. Email can be sent and received internally and externally. The only issue seems to be Outlook Anywhere. I've looked at internal and external DNS and don't see anything wrong. I've updated the firewall polices to point to the new internal IP. Hoping/Guessing it is a simple step I've overlooked but right now I'm at a loss, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Testing MAPI over HTTP connectivity to server exch-1.domain.com MAPI over HTTP connectivity failed.
Looking at this led me to run:
Get-MapiVirtualDirectory | FL ServerName, *url*, *auth*
The results give the internal but not external address.
When I try to set the external using:
Set-MapiVirtualDirectory -Identity "domain.com\mapi" -externalUrl https://email.domain.com/mapi -IISAuthenticationMethods Negotiate'
I get an error stating: The operation couldn't be performed because object 'domain.com\mapi' couldn't be found on domain server.
I should note, when I installed 2016, I used the setup wizard and allowed it to do all the domain prep.
I just added the external address to the MAPI VD but that test is still looking for the internal server URL. The internal is exch-1.domain.com. The external is email.domain.com.