We deploy Project 2016 using an administrative install that points to a MST file. We created an SCCM application that simply runs "setup.exe" from the application source.
We're now in a position that we need to reclaim a bunch of licenses that are not being used. I found a similar discussion where the tech got the removal of Office 2016 it to work by creating a config.xml to point setup.exe at for the uninstall directions. setup.exe /uninstall ProPlus /config config.xml
where their config.xml (which they had to create) looks like this :
<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />
<Logging Level="Standard" Path="%temp%" />
I'm going to test this today of course to see if it works at all. I'd like to know how others have solved this riddle in case there are better options.
If the command line works, I intend to use SCCM to execute it against a target collection.