Hi, I have 3 DC on my local network:
1. 192.168.200.12 (Windows Server 2019)
2. 192.168.200.13 (Windows Server 2008)
3. 192.168.200.14 (Windows Server 2012)
I am going to demote server 2 (Windows Server 2008) and rebuild from scratch with Windows Server 2019.
1. Server1 has first DNS: Server2, second DNS: Server3
2. Server2 has first DNS: itself (127.0.0.1), second DNS: Server3
3. Server3 has first DNS: itself (127.0.0.1), second DNS: Server2
what are the recommended DNS settings in my scenario?
Considering that I need to take down for approx. 1 day Server2?
It is fine to configure external DNS Forwarders (like 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52) on ALL DC?