Windows domain GPO not applying to custom user group but working fine when applied to Authenticated users. I made sure under Delegation that the custom user group was configured for both "Read" and "Apply group policy". I tested the GPO with only the custom user group (the GPO setting is user based) and when I forced an update and then checked gpresult, it never showed the GPO applied. Also, the login user I was testing with was added to the custom user group. However, as soon as I added Authenticated Users group to the GPO security filtering, the GPO applied on the next Gpupdate and the GPO setting applied as expected. So I am trying to determine why the GPO is not applying when using a custom user group. It's a security group and the group scope if global - this is a small single domain controller network. Very basic. Thanks for the help!