Dear Experts, I'm studying the DAG of Exchange server. Is my understanding correct?
Assume that our environment is having:
- 1 AD server 2012R2 (IP address: A.B.C.30 / 24)
- 1 Exchange server 2016, running on address: mx1.domain.com (IP address: A.B.C.21 / 24)
- 1 witness server 2012R2 (IP: A.B.C.25 / 24)
and now we are adding the 2nd Exchange server (IP: A.B.C.22 / 24) to create a new DAG.
1. With IP-less DAG, is the access domain still separated? For example: when MX1 goes down, users still need to change their web browser to mx2.domain.com to access the mailbox? Cannot use mx1.domain.com anymore? Is there any solution from public DNS?
3. What are the pros and cons of IP and IP-less DAG?
Many thanks in advance!