Database server: Microsoft SQL Server Express (64-bit)
Operating system: windows server 2016 datacenter (10.0)
Language: English (United States)
Memory: 3584 MB.
Processor: Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8171M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 3.50 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
HD size: 120 GB.
I have a cloud web application serving the Auto Repair centers.
Customers asking for adding attachments (uploading bills images feature).
Note: I create a new database for each new business (Auto Repair center).
My question is what is the best practice of doing such a thing?
1. Where to save the uploaded images, save it to the database directly, or save a link only and the image itself will be saved on the hard disk of our hosting server?
2. How could I calculate the space I need for each Auto Repair center?
3. The rapid increase of stored images will harm my system, is there any suggested plan for increasing the size needed accordingly?
4. Should I use tools to reduce the size of pictures? Any suggestion which tool is best to do this job?
5. Should I need the help of 3rd party company to help me with a complete solution?
If anybody has the experience with this, please help.
Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.