I am trying to install two HP Laserjet Pro 404N printers on a server 2012R2. I have tried installing from control panel, devices and printers, and also print management. I have tried an older download from HP with no resolution. On each attempt, I get the error "Printer driver was not installed. This operation requires an interactive window station." I am attempting to install them by creating a TCPIP port and the have disk option. I have also tried to use the query printer option but that does not work either.
* I can ping both printers by IP
* I can use a browser and open the web interface for each printer
* I have read several articles that state this may be a permission issue to c:\windows\system32\drivers and driverstore. I have updated the security of those folders, again no resolution.
* HP support was of no assistance and he even encountered the same error
* in the event logs, I am getting an event ID 215 (0x5b3)
Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.
”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.