Consumers nowadays are trained to make sure that their web connections are secured over HTTPS. A vital part of the secure connection is the SSL certificate provided by the web server. The certificate is what the web server uses to prove its identity to the browser. The SSL checker will help you verify that you are properly serving HTTPS traffic.
This tool will analyze your SSL certificate and connection and perform the following checks:
- Verifies domain name matches certificate
- Verifies certificate is not expired
- Verifies certificate it not revoked
- Verifies certificate is signed by a trusted certificate authority (CA)
- Verifies certificate chain is complete
The tool will also provide you with information about the protocols and ciphers used by the HTTPS connection, and will warn you if insecure protocols are enabled.
The format of the input is: