I inherited an ASP application, that is very messy, across multiple of domains, virtual directories, etc... I'm not even able to create a test environment, so I'm making all changes live.
Anyways, here's the situation...
On MSSQL i have a fldEnabled bit set to False
In one common.asp include, I have
Session("bolNightSeason") = (.Fields("fldEnabled"))
I also tried
Session("bolNightSeason") = CBool(.Fields("fldEnabled"))
Then, after including common.asp in another file,, I have
bolNightSeason = Session("bolNightSeason")
Response.Write("night = " & bolNightSeason)
Now the issue is in the output...
- When I first start the browser, I see
- expected as i set it to False
- Then, if i hit Refresh I see
- How is this possible, when the field value in the db is still set it to False?
- Refreshing remains True, but closing and re-opening the browser goes back to ""
Can any one spot why the value is changing, or advise on how I can trace the issue?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.