We are experiencing really irritating issue.
I usually add a computer to a domain with no problem.
But sometimes (and it happens more and more often) after we add a new or reinstalled PC to a domain we are able to ping from this PC the whole network but other PCs and servers cannot reach this new one.
To be clear:
- DHCP Server assigns IP address without problem
- DNS Server has both IPv4 and IPv6 adresses of this PC as A record.
- In all cases above pings work from the new PC only. Event Viewer does not show any error or info.
- Commands nslookup and set logon shown no error on client all the time.
- These commands show no error on server all the time: dcdiag /test:registerindns /dnsdomain:your_domain_name + dcdiag /test:connectivity
Everything is set as it should be. Trust me.
What I usually do when it occurs:
1. I restart the computer. Never helps. So then...
1. CMD: ipconfig /registerdns -> then I wait circa 30 mins. It just works or not. If not...
2. I try it again and wait circa an hour. It just works or not. If not...
3. I put the computer out of a domain for a while and then I add it back again. If this doesn't work, I use ipconfig /registerdns command. It just works or not. If not...
4. I use these commands on client: ipconfig /release, then /renew, then /flushdns, then /registerdns. Sometimes I remember to stop Dnscache Service for a while. It just works or not. If …