Explore MS Server OS on Experts Exchange

Expert Solutions for Your Tech Problems

MS Server OSMicrosoft Server OS

The Microsoft Server topic includes all of the legacy versions of the operating system, including the Windows NT 3.1, NT 3.5, NT 4.0 and Windows 20...

Read more
  • 58K Content
  • 17K Contributors

Expert Spotlight
Managing Consultant

Talent + Technique + Good ideas ==> Good solutions. That's what I can provide to you.

Troubleshooting Solution

SCCM OSD Basic troubleshooting

SCCM 2007 OSD is a fantastic way to deploy operating systems, however, like most things SCCM issues …
Troubleshooting Solution

Windows Download: Is this Windows 10 License missing anything?

I need to buy a fresh Windows license, but do not want to miss anything. I will use it on a Mac, via …
Research Solution

Virtualization Questions

byJohn N
We are planning to evaluate certain operating systems set up as virtual machines on a standard PC …
Troubleshooting Solution

Windows 10 Pro - Change domain

I have a Windows 10 Pro computer that is a member of a domain that does not exist anymore. If I try …
Troubleshooting Solution

Severe Server Issues

This is a new server built from the ground up and I am having several difficulties as you can see in…
Troubleshooting Solution

WSUS Group policy not reaching to computers / servers

I have installed a new WSUS server. Have setup the Group policies, but computers are not getting the…
Troubleshooting Solution

Server 2012 R2 - BSOD

I have a Server 2012 R2 (as a VM on Esxi) that’s been running for years without any problems and …
Troubleshooting Solution

migrating windows 2012 server to 2019 server

we have a windows 2012 r2 std server running as a vm. is it possible to do an in place upgrade to …
Troubleshooting Solution

Windows Server 2019 System compatibility check ?

I have got assigned to the task of checking several (somewhat aged) machines for compatibility with …
Troubleshooting Solution

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 services keep stopping.

We've had Symantec Backup Exec 2010 running just fine on this server but all of a sudden its …

Dual Monitor and Remote Desktop

Having a dual- or triple-monitor configuration does a lot to boost your productivity, but what about…
Troubleshooting Solution

SSRS Reporting Services "Did Not Start in a Timely Fashion"

SQL Reporting Services will not start due to the famous error message saying the "service did not …
Troubleshooting Solution

Activate a server 2019 datacenter VM on a server 2019 datacenter Hyper V host

I have a physical server with a retail edition of Server 2019 Datacenter.  The only role installed …
Troubleshooting Solution

demoting a old 2008 r2 domain controller

trying to demote a 2008 r2 server  which has bee replaced by a new 2019 server
when I run the DC …
Troubleshooting Solution

Null values in SQLgot a message from someone and wanted to see what the experts think

I asked an expert who has gone offline for the weekend where to find a field his response was * " …

Windows File Server - Folder ownership problems and resolution

Article outlines windows shared file / folder access issues because of folder ownership problems and demonstrates how to fix it with utilities like Takeown, Subinacl and SetACL The article also outlines best practises to setup shared folder share and NTFS permissions
Troubleshooting Solution

Cannot connect to 2008r2 from Windows 10

I cannot connect to 2008r2 from Windows 10 without enabling SMBv1. Connection works from different …

Do more with Experts Exchange.

Get Answers

Take a Class


Monitor your Site

Explore solutions and more