There is probably a simple solution to this, but I've searched around the various properties within the Matrix and Chart controls and cannot work it out!
Anyway, using BIDS, I have a shared dataset which returns a simple value of the Number of Starters within a company Grouped by Gender. When I add the shared dataset and test using Query Designer, I get the expected results: "F 27, M 36" (columns are Gender, Starters and the field datatype on the SQL side is INT).
However, when I add a Matrix or a chart to the SSRS report, I always get M 1, F 1. It seems that the report is simply returning a count of the genders rather than displaying the starters.
The dataset itself is from a stored procedure in SQL; there are several parameters passed to the SP, but in this case I am passing NULL to most of the parameters apart from the Dates (First Date and Last Date in order to get the number of starters within a date range).
I think I am missing something simple, but have no idea what it could be!
Query designer output
Chart and Matrix output