Explore VB.NET on Experts Exchange

Expert Solutions for Your Tech Problems

VB.NETVisual Basic.NET

Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET) is an object-oriented programming language implemented on the .NET framework, but also supported on other platforms such...

Read more
  • 95K Content
  • 10K Contributors

Expert Spotlight
Senior .Net Consultant

Senior Consultant for .Net VB & C# developer (mostly for Windows Forms project type). Also a nominated as a Microsoft MVP from 2004 to 2017.

Troubleshooting Solution

SEHException (Randomly) On Connect To Access Database

Just a question to address a problem that has come up in a piece of software that has been live for …

Updating a Splash Screen with Loading Progress in a VB.Net WinForms Application

Since .Net 2.0, Visual Basic has made it easy to create a splash screen and set it via the "Splash …

For anyone that has a similar issue  Windows 10 Pro VS …

For anyone that has a similar issue

Windows 10 Pro
VS 2008
Windows Forms App for Symbol MC3190 …

A Peer-To-Peer LAN Chat Application in Visual Basic.Net using TcpClient and TcpListener

YaLanCha - Yet Another LAN Chat Application?I needed a simple person-to-person chat …

Building a Formless WinForms Application with a NotifyIcon in VB.Net 2008

This tutorial demonstrates one way to create an application that runs without any Forms but …
If Else

Logical Expressions in .NET

For many programmers something like: if (someState != someOtherState && someState == someOtherOtherState || someState == someOtherOtherOtherState) { .... } Is a common pattern. I am here to discuss alternatives to this pattern which will reduce *code smells* within code analyzers.

Now you know to call a Web API and it's easy to do so

Calling Web API to grab data is pretty common for system integration. In fact, this is the current system development trend where we can see complex systems are tend to be developed in a small scale and distributed into smaller systems.
Troubleshooting Solution

Visual Studio 2019: CSV import work on DEBUG but does not work in RELEASE

I am a beginner.  I spent 3 days with the problem here.  I'd appreciate it if you could help me.
I am …
Troubleshooting Solution

Check string entered is valid month

Hello in vb.net how can I check if the string entered is the valid month and return the value …
Troubleshooting Solution

Help with filtering data using multiple selection from a listbox or Grid control using VB.NET


I'm using the code below to filter data in a Grid based on row selected in a combo box. The …
Troubleshooting Solution

convert text file to csv

Hi All i have this file which i want to convert to csv very simple i just need all the columns.

Troubleshooting Solution

Visual Studio 2019 vb.net  ASP website ProcessStart works in debug mode but not when accessing site

Working on a project where I need to automatically link to a file in my ASP.NET website using VB.net
Troubleshooting Solution

Need to take the contents of a selected folder in a DirListBox and save it to a file I specify in my Output file text box

                                                                 Visual Basic 2005

I have a …
Troubleshooting Solution

Loop in all folders and subfolders to rename a file, given a directory path.


I have got a vbscript which renames the file in a folder the requirement is to loop in a …
Troubleshooting Solution

improving performance of my windows App. in VB.Net

I'm new in programming by VB.net ,But actually i've windows App. that i've created it four months …
Troubleshooting Solution

Detect which part of a CheckBox control was clicked

For a CheckBox control in .Net (WinForms) , is there a way to detect if the user really clicked …
Troubleshooting Solution

Open Windows Photo Viewer within my vb.net windows form

Hi all.

I have the code below that opens the image (exactimagefile) in Windows Photo Viewer. We would …
Troubleshooting Solution

Query Syntax on small database

I'm in a real bind here becusae my brain can't figure out what should be  not to difficult SQL

Troubleshooting Solution

Show search results in datagrid


i am currenty trying to show search results in a datagrid from a SQL table.

table and …
Troubleshooting Solution

SQL Database for Visual Basic APp


Currently I have some Utilities created in VBA (Excel) that access and update a MS SQL …

Do more with Experts Exchange.

Get Answers

Join a Group Discussion


Monitor your Site

Explore solutions and more