My tech team is having some major issues. I don't want to brush them off as simply VMware's USB problems without digging a little deeper.
- We have a VDI environment using VMware solutions.
- We have Dell thin clients deployed at all locations.
- Our data line for our main location is 100MB fiber.
- Data line at our data center is duel gig fiber lines.
- scanner is an RDM7000 series.
- Vendor is web based and requires the scanner to be USB attached.
The scanner will work for one or two scans but then become unresponsive. The VDI looses communication. We have to restart the VDI instance to get the scanner to work again. Not the VDI thin client but we have to have an admin go into the ESXi and restart the user's instance. Support team believes the lack of full USB support by VMware is causing communication issues over the USB. They are suggestion deploying local desktops for check scanning. This is not an option.
We have a test desktop setup with VM Horizon client. The scanner has no issues. We have tested multiple thin clients from different vendors, all with the same issue. So this has eliminated the Dell thin client.
We are testing the RDM9600i which is a network connected machine. We are trying to setup the machine as a spoofed USB connection on the VDI but that has not yet worked out. Plus the vendor does not support the machine.