HOW IT ALL STARTED
I signed up at the Microsoft Stream Preview website, using an Personal Microsoft Account ID, not realizing that it was a service meant for Office 365 for Business. Usually Microsoft websites check if the account is a business account or not before accepting he email id. Microsoft Stream, however accepted my Personal Microsoft Account ID and signed me up, classifying the ID as a Business Microsoft ID as it created an Office 65/Azure tenant.
THE PROBLEM THAT THAT CREATED
Was unable to access mails at outlook.com which came up with a something-went-wrong error message when we tried to sign in. A little research on Bing (yes, I am a loyal Microsoft Insider) and I found that the solution was to switch my primary e-mail id with an alias.
WHAT I AM USING
Lumia 950 with Windows 10 Mobile, Version: 1703 (Build: 10.0.15063.414)
Surface Pro with Windows 10, Version: 1703 (Build: 10.0.15063.413)
WHAT WORKS WHAT DOES NOT
Surface: Everything works with the new primary alias
Mobile: Mail and People Apps on the Mobile not syncing (Error code: 0x85010014)
with the new primary alias. Everything else works
WHAT I HAVE TRIED
Deleting and re-adding the Mail/People accounts about 50 times. Tweaking the settings in the Outlook account trying different sync and mail server settings (hotmail/eas). Hard resetting the Mobile as the Apps | Apps & Features | Advanced Options | Reset button is greyed out.