I've just installed the WSUS role to my Windows Server 2016 on in my domain.
I chose WID instead of SQL and i use GPO's to set the update location to my WSUS server.
Problem is that i can not get any clients (mostly servers) to connect to my WSUS server.
I used the SolarWinds Diagnostic tool on one of the servers and it gave me the following log:
# Solarwinds® Diagnostic Tool for the WSUS Agent
User rights: User has administrator rights
Update service status: Running
Background Intelligent Transfer service status: Running
OS Version: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Service Pack 1
Windows update agent version: Error (Input string was not in a correct format.)
Windows Update Agent configuration settings
Automatic Update: Enabled
Options: Scheduled (Every day at 3:00 )
Use WSUS Server: Enabled
Windows Update Server: http://mywsusserver
Windows Update Status Server: http://mywsusserver
WSUS URLs are identical: Identical
WSUS URL is valid: Valid URL
WSUS Server Connectivity