1. Verify that your hardware and BIOS settings support virtualization.
Make sure your computer is properly configured for virtualization as explained here
2. Boot from Installer media
Insert the bootable media and boot the server from it.
Accept End User License Agreement.
4. Verify storage configuration
If you use RAID, you must configure it before you start this installation.
5. Enter your root password
This is a very important safety element and should be at least 7 characters long.
6. Proceed with the actual installation
In this stage the installer software will start to copy all files to the server's storage.
Once all files has been copied to the server you will need to reboot. You will have to remove the installer media or modify the boot sequence to start from the server local storage first.
8. Boot from ESXi Server
The ESXi 6.0 Operating System will load, and you will be able to see the Online screen.
9. Logon with the root credentials
Logon with root privileges to modify the configuration of Management Network interface.
10. Configure a static IP address
It is better to use a static IP address for the host. Make sure it is unused to avoid an IP addresses conflict.
11. Configure local host name and DNS
You can specify a FQDN name for this host. Also you can define a custom DNS suffix for local DNS queries.
12. Access the web interface and download the VMware Client for better management
You must download and install the VMware Client for this version of ESXi to manage this host, or use VMware VCenter.