This video tutorial explains how to create a Cost Profile within vCloud Automation Center 6. A cost profile is the idea of chargeback or rather associating a cost to the resources you are providing with in vCAC. This applies to CPU, Memory, Storage and the VM itself.
1. Login into Engineering Tenant
2. Brief description of what Cost Profiles are
3. Brief description of ITBM (IT Business Management), which is a more dynamic alternative to Cost Profiles
4. Travel to Infrastructure/Compute Resources/Cost Profiles
5. Review two defined cost profiles, one for compute, one for storage.
6. Assign cost profiles to our compute resources under configuration for the compute resource itself
Fear not! To defend your business’ IT systems we’re going to shine a light on the seven most sinister terrors that haunt sysadmins. That way you can be sure there’s nothing in your stack waiting to go bump in the night.
August and September have been big months for VMware—from VMworld last month to our new Course of the Month in VMware Professional - Data Center Virtualization. We reached out to Andrew Hancock, resident VMware vExpert, to have a more in-depth discu…